Windows users face a lot of problems from time to time. One of them is the volume icon missing from the taskbar. You want to enjoy your favorite song in full volume in your Windows computer but can’t find the volume icon in your taskbar. The process to get back the volume icon in your taskbar is not much complicated. You can follow the below-given guide to return the volume icon in the same place as before.
How to restore the volume icon in Windows 10
Windows 10 is the latest operating system available for Windows PC. If you have faced the missing volume icon issue in Windows 10, you can recover with these steps:
1. Open the Windows 10 menu on your computer.
2. Now, go to the Settings section and click on System option.
3. Choose Notifications & action from the available options.
4. After clicking the same tab, you will get to see plenty of options.
5. Go to the “Turn System Icons On or Off” section and toggle on the volume icon from the given options.
6. The volume icon will be restored in the taskbar.
How to restore volume icon in Windows 7/8
If you are Windows 7 or Windows 8 user, you can fix the volume icon issue with instructions given below. Both these operating systems are updated from time to time to make the user experience best. You can not only restore the volume icon in these operating systems but even can add the same volume icon in the central part of the taskbar. Here are the steps to recover the volume icon in Windows 7 and Windows 8:
1. Move your mouse in the taskbar area and right-click over there.
2. Now, click on the Properties option.
3. In the taskbar tab, you will see Customize option under Notification area section. Click over there.
4. Once you click on the option mentioned above, ensure that the volume icon is visible.
5. Go to the Behaviours column and choose Show icon and notification to see the volume icon in the taskbar.
6. Also, make sure the volume icon is turned on by clicking the Turn system icons on or off” option.
How to restore volume icon in Windows XP
Windows XP is one of the most older windows version. The newer version of Windows comes with a lot of more exciting features. However, if you still use the same operating system, go through these steps:
1. Hit the Start button in your Windows XP computer.
2. Then, go to the Control Panel section.
3. Choose the Sounds and Audio Devices option by double-clicking from there.
4. The volume tab will open once you double-click on Sounds and Audio Devices and you can select the “Place volume icon in the taskbar.”
5. Click the Apply button after you check the option mentioned in the earlier step. The volume icon will be there in the taskbar, and you can use it.
Not only the volume icon, but other relevant icons can be restored using these instructions as well. You will have to choose a different option just in the end. The rest of the steps will almost be the same.
Aida Martin is a creative person who has been writing blogs and articles about cybersecurity. She writes about the latest updates regarding mcafee.com/activate and how it can improve the work experience of users. Her articles have been published in many popular e-magazines, blogs, and websites.